Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner

I'll admit it, I'm not the biggest breakfast fan. I don't really like cereal, I'm not a fan of eggs in the morning, and I prefer my bread un-toasted. The other problem is that I'm not usually hungry for breakfast until 10am and by then I might as well just wait for lunch where I can get something delicious. If I had to list my top 5 favorite breakfast foods thought they would be:

1. Lox & Bagels with all the trimmings
2. Bacon
3. Pancakes
4. Waffles
5. Huevos Rancheros

Yesterday, when I was browsing through my 45 favorite food blogs, I saw this recipe for pancakes. The recipe was from the Winnie the Pooh cookbook. Honestly, they are just regular old pancakes. The thing is though that the blogger or Pooh or someone decided to add berries on top--kind of like a syrup or lingonberry replacement--and probably better for you too. I thought that the fruit added the best element ever to the pancakes. Normally I can only eat one and maybe two at the most of pancakes. Today I powered through 5! All thanks to the berries and breakfast at 7pm.

Dinner consisted of:
3 slices bacon per person
Mostly egg whites, scrambled (we made a few recipes that called for yolks only, so we had a lot of whites and one yolk leftover)
Pancakes with berry 'syrup' (this was made by defrosting frozen mixed berries with a dash of water and a tiny bit of sugar)

Recipe makes about 8-10 1/4 C sized pancakes.


No comments: