Monday, January 31, 2011

Product Review: Betty Crocker Supreme Bars Mississippi Mud

A few months ago, I bought this box of brownie mix at the store. I was excited that they were not just brownies but brownies with a cookie crust and marshmallows! I thought they sounded interesting. Once I took them home though I discovered that the ingredients called for a stick of butter and I decided that because of that this would be something I would make and share.

And then we never had anyone over.

But finally, this weekend, we had someone over! The ingredients are butter, water, eggs and the mix. You dirty two-3 bowls plus one 8x8 pan, but I think I can reduce that for you. The end result is pretty delicious, I thought maybe it was a little bit sweet and was great with a nice glass of milk but would be equally as good with unsweetened whipped cream. Everyone else agreed that the marshmallows were a nice change of texture. Maybe I should just make brownies with marshmallows and skip the oreo crust?

Directions to dirty less dishes
1. Melt 1/4 stick of butter in one mixing bowl. Melt the other 1/4 stick of butter in the 8x8 glass pan.
2. Mix the oreo mix and the butter right in the 8x8 pan and then press down and into the corners
3. Mix the brownie mix in the other mixing bowl with the other ingredients called for

Yay! only 2 bowls!

No comments: