Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Pig

Today was the quintessential spring day in Los Angeles. The rain cleared away the smog, the sky cleared and the crisp cold was blue and fresh. As a result, I wanted something fresh for dinner. When I want to make something quick for dinner, I check out Everyday Food's Dinner Tonight blog. Spring Pork caught my eye.

I made pork chops with parsley, garlic and lemon and a side of roasted garlic rosemary potatoes. The dinner was deliciously spring fresh and came together in just 25 minutes! For the picky eaters, serve the parsley mixture on the side.

Ingredients
5 T parsley leaves
zest + juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
salt
pepper
3 Bone-in pork chops
2 T olive oil
1/2 C water

  • In a mini chopper, blend parsley, 1/2 lemon juice, all the lemon zest and 1 clove of garlic, 1/4 t salt, 1/4t pepper. Set aside.
  • Heat 2 T olive oil in an electric frying pan at 350 degrees (I guess you could just use a regular frying pan but make sure it has a lid).
  • Add pork chops and brown for 2-3 minutes per side
  • Turn heat down to 250 degrees, add 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 8-10 minutes until cooked through
  • Serve with parsley mixture

No comments: