Sunday, November 6, 2011

Individual Apple Crisps

I really like warm desserts on cool fall and winter nights--but I don't want to make a huge thing that forces Joey & I to eat more than our fair share. So last night, I created individual apple crisps for the both of us. I was hoping that because these were smaller they'd cook faster but that was not the case actually. However, they were delicious and because they are already individually sized and they're made with oats and therefore less sugar they are not that bad for you either!

I loosely followed this recipe for a crumble and then just made it into two individual things and at about 1/4 of the recipe. Of course now that I'm writing about it I can't find the recipe, but I can give it a guess.

Ingredients:
1/4 C oats
1/4 brown sugar, + a few sprinkles
1 T flour
2 apples
2 T cold butter
cinnamon
nutmeg
baking spice (optional)
pinch of ginger
dash of lemon juice

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350
1. Chop the apples into bite sized pieces--not slices, slices are weird in this dish
2. Toss the apples in each container with a few sprinkles of brown sugar (maybe 1 T each thing), lemon juice and all the spices to taste
3. In a small bowl mix the sugar, flour, butter and oats
4. Top the apple mixture with the oats mixture and bake at 350 for 45 or more minutes until it's bubbly and crispy and brown. Cool slightly before digging in

No comments: