Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Product: Siggi's Icelandic Yogurt

I recently read about Icelandic yogurt somewhere and how it is really thick. It sounded interesting so when I happened to notice it over at Henry's I thought it was a must buy!

The awesome packaging was really the reason though, I mean white cup sort of IKEA ish, looks all natural--has a little tab to remove the paper wrapper so you can recycle the cup and wrapper separately...

Unfortunately, the taste, texture and flavor of this yogurt did not match the aforementioned awesome packaging. Honestly, one bite was enough for me. The texture was grainy and way too thick for yogurt--more like something between dense ricotta and whipped cream cheese. The other problem was that the flavor just wasn't there. The yogurt was pinkish and screamed "I'm mixed berry" but it only had the slightest hint of flavor of any kind, not sweet at all, very similar to plain yogurt except less sweet. This yogurt was not my cup of tea at all, and while Joey was able to finish it I don't think he really liked it either. The other flavor we bought may have a permanent place in our fridge now. But if you like super thick, grainy and sour yogurt, this is for you!

I wonder what an Icelander thinks of yoplait?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Maybe use it to make frozen yogurt?