Thursday, July 7, 2011

Asparagus Grill Packets

Tonight I decided to whip up some tri-tip on the grill. To round out the meal I found some sub-par asparagus in the fridge that we had last week. I decided on a whim to make it into a grill packet and grill it in foil along with the beef. I think the result was fantastic. The asparagus was smokey and crispy in parts where the foil burned off (we had a few fires in the grill) and had a nice flavor and was cooked perfectly. I highly recommend this method. Joey says turn back now.

Asparagus Packets
Ingredients
1 large sheet foil, folded into a boat of sorts
1/2 bunch asparagus, broken in half, hard stems removed
olive oil
Lemon pepper
salt

1. Fold the foil like a boat so there are sides. Toss in asparagus, olive oil, lemon pepper and salt to taste.
2. Wrap up the asparagus so there are no holes in a packet.
3. Throw it on the grill for about 15 minutes (or less) until you think it is thoroughly cooked
4. Serve immediately

No comments: