Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Product: Near East Wheat Salad

I can't really claim this is a new product, but it is new to me. I am not often frequenting the couscous and rice aisle but yesterday I thought it would be a nice change of pace. After learning that couscous is calorie laden, I turned to the Near East brand Wheat salad. This starch has less calories than couscous but a very small portion. The thing is, I could eat twice as much for the same calories! I was sold.

Near East Wheat salad is a combination of bulgur wheat and spices. To prepare it, I added a chopped tomato, 1 T olive oil and a splash of lemon juice. This salad is satisfying and delicious. I'm disappointed I only packed myself one serving! One could obviously make this themselves, but being unfamiliar with my likeness for bulgur I just bought the prepared package. In the future, I may make the entire salad myself.

No comments: