Monday, April 11, 2011

New Product - Dark Chocolate Goji

I am a sucker for new interesting products with nice packaging. Seriously, I notice the packaging sometimes before the product itself. I was browsing the produce section at Ralphs the other day and came across this stand of Brookside chocolate covered fruit. Intrigued! Look at this beautiful packaging!!


I had never before heard of Goji fruit. Interesting...but it's $3. Brookside also makes chocolate covered pomegranate seeds and chocolate covered acai berries. The thing is, looking at this packaging, you totally expect a piece of juicy goji fruit to squirt out at you, or if not at least the dried variety. Unfortunately, these chocolate covered berries are not so much chocolate covered as chocolate flavored. Don't get me wrong, the flavor is good, it's just not as good for you as it seems it should be parading around the produce section in grandmother's pajamas.

These candies have the texture of chocolate covered raisins with a nice dark chocolate bitterness and then the tang of goji fruit. I find these totally addicting and only wish they were healthier--should've just gone with the strawberries.

No comments: