It was cold and rainy today and I thought it was the perfect day for soup! This recipe comes together quickly relying on the flavors of the sausage to make the soup. Maybe a bit too much spice for kids - we served ours a mild sausage instead.
Adapted from the kitchn where the measurements seemed off
1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
1lb spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
1t olive oil
1 lb russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4" half moons
1 bunch curly kale, ripped into bite sized pieces
1 onion, chopped
3-4 cloves Garlic, crushed
1/2 C heavy cream
1. In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium then add sausage and brown. Break up large chunks.
2. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft.
3. Add chicken broth, potatoes and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20min until potatoes start to fall apart
4. Add kale and cream and cook until kale is bright green and wilted
5. Serve warm with warm bread