Friday, October 28, 2016
Pork Roast with Pears and Shallots
This was so quick and easy! I recommend it for your family!
1 2 1/2lb center cut pork loin roast
1 T vegetable oil
3 shallots, quartered
1 C apple cider or juice
3 cloves garlic
salt & pepper
3 T chopped sage
3 pears (quartered but not until right before you add them)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a dutch oven or pot with higher sides, heat vegetable oil. Salt & Pepper pork roast all over.
3. Brown pork roast on all sides 2-3 minutes each
4. Add cider, garlic, sage and shallots. Nest the shallots around the pork in the liquid and put some of the flavors on top of the roast
5. Insert an oven-safe thermometer into the pork roast if you have one
6. Roast the pork for 20 minutes
7. Quarter and core the pears and add nested around the pork. Flip over the roast or baste with the juices.
8. Roast another 20 minutes or until the pork reaches 145 degrees internally. Let the pork rest 5 minutes before slicing thinly
9. Serve pork with juices and pears