Saturday, August 6, 2016

Smoked Salmon Potato Salad

I've been on a real potato salad kick this summer! Last weekend, I attended a salad baby shower and decided to make a smoked salmon potato salad because 1. It was the single opportunity I've had in years where there would be fish eaters there and 2. I recently had a similar salad at the restaurant Lemonade and was interested in recreating it.  I think mine was better!  I adapted the recipe from Serious Eats and basically tried to recreate all the great things of bagels & lox but with potato salad.  I think I did a pretty good job and so did the guests! I got multiple requests for the recipe!!

I didn't take any pictures though :(

Smoked Salmon Potato Salad

Ingredients

2+lbs new or fingerling potatoes, cut into large chunks (the recipe calls for 2lbs but I'm sure I used more because that was a lot of potato salad)
16oz sour cream
juice of one lemon
2 3.5oz packages of lox-style smoked salmon, sliced into strips
1 bunch of dill, removed from stems
1 bunch of tarragon, chopped
salt & pepper
1 red onion, chopped
1-2 T white or apple cider vinegar
capers, optional

1. Put the potatoes in cold water and bring to a boil. Boil 10 min or until tender. Drain and place potatoes in a bowl. Immediately douse them in the vinegar.
2. Mix sour cream, lemon juice, herbs and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
3. When potatoes are cooled slightly or room temperature, toss them, the lox and the onions, the capers (if using) in the sour cream mixture
4. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.

No comments: