Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Steak with Spicy Chipotle Mango Sauce
So today, after watching the second to last episode, I decided to channel Vinny and try to make his steak sauce recipe that he uses in that episode. I might have changed it up a bit but I think I got the general idea. I thought that this sauce added a lot to the steak and was delicious. Joey didn't really agree with me but I will let you make up your own mind!
*disclamer* this sauce looks a bit gross so if you are opposed to gross looking things tasting good this is not for you
A take on Vinny's Chipotle Mango Sauce
For the Sauce:
1 T vegetable oil (i am totoally out of olive oil)
2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce (although if you're afraid of heat you may want to put more like one)
1/3 C cilantro leaves
1 mango, peeled and chopped
the juice and zest of one lime
For the Steak:
NY strip steak or other of your liking
salt & pepper
For the Potatoes & Carrots
6 red potatoes, cut into small chunks
3 carrots cut into rounds or half moons to be similar to potatoes
1. In a food process, pulse all the ingredients for the sauce until combined. Add oil last and only add if you want a little more liquid.
2. Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
3. Heat the grill to medium-high heat
4. In a large, edged sheet pan toss carrots, potatoes, salt and about 1-2 t of olive oil or until everything seems coated.
5. Put the potatoes in the oven and bake, stirring once for about 35 minutes until crispy and carrots start to blacken
6. Rub the paprika, salt & pepper on the steaks. Place on the grill over the flame and sear 2 minutes per side.
7. Turn off one of the burners and set the steak over that space. Grill without flipping until temperature reaches 130-135 degrees
8. Remove steak to plate and let rest while you prepare the plate. Serve steak with sauce on the top or on the side