Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Curried Chicken Salad

We had some leftover chicken after I made the beast on Sunday and I had a mind to make my favorite curried chicken salad. I didn't want just any chicken salad though, I wanted it to be like the kind they serve here. And so of course, I scoured the internet until I found what I was looking for.

This salad was delicious, full of flavors and not to dry, it was the perfect lunch and I will make it again.



Curried Chicken Salad
adapted from Epicurious

Ingredients
3/4 lb shredded chicken, cooked
1/4 c mayo
3 heaping T plain yogurt
2 1/2 t curry powder
1/2 lime
1/2 t honey
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1 shallot (I used a shallot but was planning to use green onions, which I even bought, and then forgot)
1 mango, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 c red grapes, halved
1/4 c salted cashews, coarsely chopped

1. Whisk together all ingredients except for the chicken. Add chicken and coat with dressing. Serve with cucumbers. (I also put mine in a pita because I had one)

No comments: