Monday, May 7, 2018
This cheesy orzo was sooo flavorful. Pretty much the best updated mac & cheese I've ever had. My 3yo wan't a fan even though she said it was good she didn't want any. My 18m loved it! So good. Run don't walk to get the ingredients to make this tonight!
Recipe here and below. I used asiago cheese instead of parmesan and didn't measure exactly cause more cheese is always better, right?
1/2 onion chopped
3 small cloves of garlic chopped
2 T butter
2 t olive oil
2 Cups Chicken broth
1/2 t salt
1 C mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 C asiago (or parmesan) cheese
1 Cup whole milk or half & half (I used milk)
1. Turn the instant pot to saute and add butter & Olive oil. Add onions and cook until translucent.
2. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds
3. Add chicken broth and salt and bring to a simmer stirring. Add orzo. Put the lid on
4. Turn off the instant pot and set to manual, high pressure, 4 minutes.
5. Once the 4 minutes is up and it switches to warming, turn to quick release and wait for the button to pop. Open the lid, stir in cheeses & milk, salt to taste, serve immediately