Monday, June 12, 2017

Slow cooked BBQ Pork with Tangy Broccoli Slaw

We had a busy day and guests on Sunday so I decided to put something in the slow cooker for dinner.  I decided to make pulled pork which I thought would be easy and crowd-pleasing.  It WAS easy, just dump everything in and cook.  Sadly, as per always for me, the pork did not 'shred' easily. So, I just chopped it up and it was still delicious!  Highly recommended.

Served 5 hungry people with leftovers

Ingredients
For the Pork

5 lbs boneless pork shoulder, netting removed and cut into large chunks
1 jar Stubbs Original BBQ Sauce
3 T Smoked Paprika
1 T Garlic Salt
Salt
Pepper
1 C water
1 onion, cut into large slices or chunks

For the slaw
1 bag broccoli/carrot slaw
zest & juice of 3 limes
Salt

For serving
BBQ Sauce (your choice, I used a Carolina style which was fabulous)
Hamburger style buns

Directions
1. Put all the Pork ingredients into a slow cooker (onions on the bottom!). Set for 8 hours and forget it!
2. For the slaw, juice and zest the limes and toss with broccoli slaw. Add a dash of salt to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. When the pork is done shred it (hahaha!) or cut into cubes.  Serve with slaw, buns and sauce.

1 comment:

Dr.M said...

I cook pork in the oven for about 6 hours and it shreds beautifully. I COVER it with seasoning, then mix up the sauce and put the pork on top. Cook at 250 for 6-6.5 hours. Maybe it is a temperature thing? Are you using high or low temp?