I used this recipe. But with my perpetual fear of other blogs going away I am reposting it here.
1/4 C water, warmed
1 package active dry yeast
pinch of sugar
4 1/2 C flour
1 t salt (use regular because I think Kosher was too salty)
2-3 t honey
1 1/2 C buttermilk, warmed
1 egg, whisked (for baking)
1. Place yeast and sugar in the warmed water and let sit 10 minutes until foamy. Note - If it is not foamy after 10 minutes your yeast is not active and you must try again, always buy extra yeast!
2. Meanwhile, measure out all other ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add yeast mixture and mix with the dough hook until a soft ball forms.
3. Remove the dough and place on a well-floured board and knead about 10 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise 1 hour/
4. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead about 5 minutes. Shape into a loaf and place into a loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 40 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375. Remove plastic wrap and brush bread top with egg. Bake 45 minutes. Wait a tiny bit for your hot bread to cool before enjoying. We loved it with ham sandwiches for dinner!