Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler

Last year, I made this cobbler with raspberries, and I just don't think it really worked.  This time, I made it again in this other pan and I think it worked way better. In fact, it was a total success! Instead of last time using a 9x13 pan, I used this thing...which is...uh 9x9? I have no idea, it's probably around there and it was so easy!

Despite having to buy self-rising flour this 5 ingredient dish is easy enough to whip up at the last minute for company and delicious enough to eat for breakfast!
Blackberry Cobbler
1 stick butter (1/2 C), melted
1 1/4 C sugar, divided
1 C self-rising flour
1 C milk
2 C blackberries (fresh or frozen)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350
1. Melt the butter
2. Whisk together flour and 1 C of sugar until combined
3. Add milk and whisk until combined.
4. Add butter and whisk until combined.
5. BUTTER your dish
6. Pour batter into the dish and dot with blackberries. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 C - 1 T of sugar (I didn't use all of this)
7. Bake for 50 minutes, then sprinkle 1 T sugar on top of the cobbler. Bake an additional 10 minutes until golden and bubbly (with my thicker pan we actually baked it about 15 more minutes until it was actually golden)

I wish we ate this warm....

No comments: