Sunday, December 23, 2012
The Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler
Despite having to buy self-rising flour this 5 ingredient dish is easy enough to whip up at the last minute for company and delicious enough to eat for breakfast!
1 stick butter (1/2 C), melted
1 1/4 C sugar, divided
1 C self-rising flour
1 C milk
2 C blackberries (fresh or frozen)
Preheat the oven to 350
1. Melt the butter
2. Whisk together flour and 1 C of sugar until combined
3. Add milk and whisk until combined.
4. Add butter and whisk until combined.
5. BUTTER your dish
6. Pour batter into the dish and dot with blackberries. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 C - 1 T of sugar (I didn't use all of this)
7. Bake for 50 minutes, then sprinkle 1 T sugar on top of the cobbler. Bake an additional 10 minutes until golden and bubbly (with my thicker pan we actually baked it about 15 more minutes until it was actually golden)
I wish we ate this warm....