Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Eggless Cookie Dough

 As part of my cookie party, I felt it was necessary to provide a treat that everyone eats and refuses to admit--cookie dough.  The problem with cookie dough though is that it can totally kill you if you happen to eat the kind filled with raw eggs.  So, in order to not kill my friends, I searched the web for a dough that tastes like the real thing but is eggless.  Some people felt that the risk being taken away, the taste of dough was not as exciting.  This wasn't the biggest hit at the party, and I felt I made a mistake putting huge blobs on regular spoons, what did go were the tiny spoons with just a bit of dough on top.

I saved the rest of the dough in the freezer to use for ice cream in the future, I understand this dough won't bake well.

The thing is, I think you can make any of your favorite doughs, but, instead of putting in an egg, replace it with a bit of milk - 4 T to be exact.

I used this recipe but because the butter was melted I felt it wasn't good until after it had been refrigerated a while and then left out.  Next time, if there is one, I would probably stick with the basic tollhouse recipe and replace the egg with milk.  I also recommend making about 1/2 to 1/4 of the recipe if you plan to use this as a dessert with friends






No comments: