Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Raspberries & Cream

 I have decided that I am now adult enough to just buy the fruit that I think my kids will eat even if it is a little bit more expensive than I would like.  This week we already went through 2 pints of raspberries but the additional 2 pints we have aren't quite as sweet as the first.  This is my recipe for eating raspberries that aren't quite sweet enough in the most enjoyable but easy way.  My dad told me about using brown sugar vs white sugar because he said it was a thing they had at "The Club" where he dined as a businessman in Chicago in the time that he worked. I think the brown sugar makes this dish really pop.

Ingredients

Raspberries

2 T or less half & half or cream or whole milk in a pinch

1 t or less brown sugar

Directions

1. Place raspberries in a bowl. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour cream over everything. Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments: