Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Chicken ‘Shawarma’ Bowls with Homemade Hummus


I want to branch out my family dinners from meat, potatoes and pasta to something else. So on Monday I prepped and prepped and on Tuesday I whipped up dinner in 10 minutes!  I highly recommend this meal.  I took it from Cooking Light and then changed everything..so I'm going to claim this as my own recipe. Bonus - You get my mom's delicious hummus recipe too!

Ingredients:

Hummus
1 15oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
2 t olive oil (more to taste)
2 T sesame seeds
1/4 t cumin
1/2 t salt
pepper
1/2 large lemon (more to taste)
1 clove garlic


Chicken Shawarma Bowls
1/4-1/2 C cooked chicken per person - I used poached chicken or you can use rotisserie, chopped or shredded
Couscous - I used Far East Parmesan, this takes max 8 minutes to make!
Chopped cucumbers
chopped tomatoes
Hummus
Half Lemon
Olive Oil

Directions - Hummus
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend. If it's too thick add more olive oil or lemon juice to taste
2. Chill and if you want sprinkle with paprika to serve

Directions Shawarma Bowls:
1. Make Couscous according to box directions
2. Put couscous on the bottom of the bowl and add cucumbers, tomatoes, chicken and hummus on top.  Squeeze lemon juice and a dash of olive oil
Enjoy!

No comments: