Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chili-Rubbed Steak Tacos

Ellie Krieger is a Food Network Star who seems to be relatively unknown, which is too bad because she makes a lot of great healthy dishes! Recently, I was browsing Food Network's Healthy Weekday meals slideshow and I came across a recipe for Ellie's Chili-Rubbed Steak Tacos.  They sounded perfect and fast for a weekday!

I ended up making the tacos tonight after to a visit to the museum with my sister's family.  They really were quick. The entire meal was ready in 30 minutes!  I grilled the top sirloin steaks for about 7 minutes or so flipping only once. I ended up buying 4 individual sirloin steaks although in the video it looks like one single. This actually was a good idea because I didn't put the spicy spices on one of the steaks for my nephew.

I did not make anything but the steak from her recipe but it had a nice flavor in our tacos with all of my favorite toppings!  I will make this again!

Chili Rubbed Spiced Tacos Recipe

I served this steak with:
Corn tortillas
Cilantro
Raw white onion
mixed shredded cheese
queso fresca
salsa

Delicious!

No comments: