Sunday, June 5, 2011

Zucchini Bread

I had a real hankering for some zucchini bread last week as I peanut-buttered up a slice of whole wheat bread for my typical breakfast. Boy, was I tired of peanut butter bread. So I scoured the web for a good recipe and then headed to the farmer's market for some fresh zucchini.

I ended up choosing this recipe from Simple Bites. The results were mixed. My bread wasn't as solid as I expected and I also feel like it wasn't as sweet as I am used to...or something. Honestly I can't place it but it was different. That being said, the bread is still delicious just not the one I was thinking of (and if you know the one I was thinking of please let me know!). The one thing about this recipe though is that it is relatively healthy with hardly any oil.

The only change that I made which I didn't see on the recipe page was to cook the 6 muffins for only 35 minutes (and it should've been less, maybe 30) because they take less time than the loaf.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I made this bread before and remember it being good:

Banana-Zucchini Bread
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/banana-zucchini-bread/Detail.aspx